From time to time, I like to highlight common sense advice from other people. Harvey Mackay, motivational speaker, author of “Swim With the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive” and newspaper columnist is a good person to turn to for interesting and motivational quotes.
Here are a few Harvey Mackayisms that I find particularly helpful…
- They don’t pay off on effort. They pay off on results.
- Go out on a limb, that’s where the fruit is.
- It’s not what’s up front, it’s being upfront that counts.
- You only get one chance to make a good first impression.
- Initiative is important. Finishiative is vital.
- You can win more customers with your ears than with your mouth.
- Little things don’t mean a lot – little things mean everything.
- Practice shaking hands. It’s the best way to make a million dollar first impression.
- Don’t just meet your quotas, exceed them.
- Show up on time, with a plan. Be committed to excellence. Then execute.
- Nothing is more deadly to a relationship than a broken promise.
- Most people avoid risks their whole lives by assuming the other person is going to say no.
- Do what you love. Love what you do. Deliver more than you promise.
Good, common sense advice from Harvey Mackay. I hope you enjoyed it. Better yet, I hope you put it to use.
That’s it for today. Log on to my website, www.BudBilanich.com for more common sense advice.
I’ll see you around the web, and at Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
PS: In case you missed it I am holding a virtual Alex’s Lemonade Stand. I am offering a signed copy of my book 4 Secrets of High Performing Organizations ($14.95 cover price) to anyone who makes a donation of at least $10.00. I will send signed copies of the library of the six business books I’ve written to anyone who donates $50.00 or more.
I would really welcome your support. This is an especially important issue for me, as I am a cancer survivor myself.
Please take a moment to visit my online fundraising page and make a donation. It's really easy - you can donate by credit card and receive a record of your donation. Here’s my page:
This is a secure site. Your donations will be sent directly to Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation. Please join me in supporting Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation and this important cause. Don’t forget that you can double your contribution and impact if your company has a matching gifts program.
As of today, I have raised $1,695. That’s $805 short of my goal of $2,500. Please make a donation if you can.